Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Beth Beth is offline

Default Make a Customer Statement

Hello

Within Word 2003 I want to make a customer statement

These are the fields in my Excel Spreadsheet e.g.

Acc No Name Date Amount
1234 Smith 01/01/09 500.00
1234 Smith 02/01/09 400.00
4567 Jones 01/01/09 900.00
4567 Jones 02/01/09 1000.00

I now want to make a statement for each customer as follows;
______________________
Name Smith
Acc No 1234

Transaction History;
Date Amount
01/01/09 500.00
02/01/09 400.00
_______________________

Is this possible

I was thinking the name and account number needs to be set as some kind of
header and the transaction history needs to be in a repeating section.

Many thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

There were two replies to an extremely similar question only a few
messages ago. Here's one, but it may be in your interests to look for
the other one:

See macropod's tutorial at

http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107

or

http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip

He suggests that you read the tutorial before trying to use the
mailmerge document included with it as you must get the mail merge main
document set up exactly as required.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Beth wrote:
Hello

Within Word 2003 I want to make a customer statement

These are the fields in my Excel Spreadsheet e.g.

Acc No Name Date Amount
1234 Smith 01/01/09 500.00
1234 Smith 02/01/09 400.00
4567 Jones 01/01/09 900.00
4567 Jones 02/01/09 1000.00

I now want to make a statement for each customer as follows;
______________________
Name Smith
Acc No 1234

Transaction History;
Date Amount
01/01/09 500.00
02/01/09 400.00
_______________________

Is this possible

I was thinking the name and account number needs to be set as some kind of
header and the transaction history needs to be in a repeating section.

Many thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Beth Beth is offline

Thank you

Are there supposed to be examples within the Mail Merge main document?

All I can see is a document saying "If you havent read the tutorial
document, please do so before using this document."

I am stuck at the first bit - setting up t he "Key" field

Thank you!

Beth wrote:
Hello

Within Word 2003 I want to make a customer statement

These are the fields in my Excel Spreadsheet e.g.

Acc No Name Date Amount
1234 Smith 01/01/09 500.00
1234 Smith 02/01/09 400.00
4567 Jones 01/01/09 900.00
4567 Jones 02/01/09 1000.00

I now want to make a statement for each customer as follows;
______________________
Name Smith
Acc No 1234

Transaction History;
Date Amount
01/01/09 500.00
02/01/09 400.00
_______________________

Is this possible

I was thinking the name and account number needs to be set as some kind of
header and the transaction history needs to be in a repeating section.

Many thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What I see when I download from the
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107
link
is a .zip file that contains
- Catalogue Mailmerge Tutorial.doc
- Catalogue Merge Data.xls
- Catalogue Main Document.doc

so I assume the tutorial's in the first one :-)

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Beth wrote:
Hello

Within Word 2003 I want to make a customer statement

These are the fields in my Excel Spreadsheet e.g.

Acc No Name Date Amount
1234 Smith 01/01/09 500.00
1234 Smith 02/01/09 400.00
4567 Jones 01/01/09 900.00
4567 Jones 02/01/09 1000.00

I now want to make a statement for each customer as follows;
Name Smith
Acc No 1234

Transaction History;
Date Amount