Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eb eb is offline

Default Runtime Erro

Today I tried opening some Word files that I created last week. Before I can
work on the file I receive a message that says
Runtime Error
C:\ Program Files\Microsoft Office10\winword.exe Abnormal program
termination.

I can only select O.K. and the file closes. I can create new files, save
them and reopen them just fine. I can open some documents just fine and they
work. The only addins that I can see associated with my Normal Template is
those from Endnote X. They have been on my computers for over a month and I
have had no problems until today. I have tried going in to winword /a
winword.exe /a and I see no hidden addins. The template seems to work just
fine as well.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

EB wrote:
Today I tried opening some Word files that I created last week.
Before I can work on the file I receive a message that says
Runtime Error
C:\ Program Files\Microsoft Office10\winword.exe Abnormal program
termination.

I can only select O.K. and the file closes. I can create new files,
save them and reopen them just fine. I can open some documents just
fine and they work. The only addins that I can see associated with
my Normal Template is those from Endnote X. They have been on my
computers for over a month and I have had no problems until today. I
have tried going in to winword /a winword.exe /a and I see no hidden
addins. The template seems to work just fine as well.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eb eb is offline

Default Runtime Error

I tried all of that and certain files are still giving me the same error. I
have noticed that the files I am having trouble with orginated from other
users or have been shared by multiple users (mostly mac users).