Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
frenchy frenchy is offline

Default preserve form layout when filling in the answers

Hi,

I am new to Word and I created a form with fields to be filled in. I have
issues with the layout changing when multi lined answers are entered. The
text moves everything down as it's entered. I tried using many fields in a
row, that didn't work. I also tried inserting tabs after the field and I
determined the max lenght but that only prevents more characters from being
inserted. How do I preserve the layout of my form ???
Thanks for any help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:13:00 -0700, Frenchy
wrote:

Hi,

I am new to Word and I created a form with fields to be filled in. I have
issues with the layout changing when multi lined answers are entered. The
text moves everything down as it's entered. I tried using many fields in a
row, that didn't work. I also tried inserting tabs after the field and I
determined the max lenght but that only prevents more characters from being
inserted. How do I preserve the layout of my form ???
Thanks for any help

Create a table, with separate cells for the form fields and for the unchanging
text. Select the whole table, go to Table Table Properties Rows and set an
exact height for the rows. Also click Table AutoFit Fixed Column Width to
prevent changes in horizontal spacing. Now filling in form fields won't move
anything in other cells.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Create a quiz that can check answers in an MS Word form malcomio Microsoft Word Help 0 December 28th 07 10:15 AM
Filling out a form. Mike Stewart Microsoft Word Help 1 October 16th 06 06:35 PM
preserve/keep original vertical spacing and layout after deleting paragraph or sentences [email protected] New Users 1 April 15th 06 09:02 PM
Form filling shakey New Users 10 March 10th 06 08:13 PM
Why can't I type in answers on a down loaded form? Chumney New Users 3 February 14th 06 12:42 AM