Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carrie Carrie is offline

Default Unable to type in lower case in Word 2000

No matter whether Caps Lock is on or off I can only type a document in
capitals. I suspect there is a combination of keys I've inadvertently pressed
to causse this but I'm unable to solve this. Even using the shift key results
in Caps only. This is very frustrating. Can any one help?

I'm using Word 2000, a bit of a dinosaur, I know, but perfectly adequate for
my needs at present. (Or it was)!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 03:19:01 -0700, Carrie
wrote:

No matter whether Caps Lock is on or off I can only type a document in
capitals. I suspect there is a combination of keys I've inadvertently pressed
to causse this but I'm unable to solve this. Even using the shift key results
in Caps only. This is very frustrating. Can any one help?

I'm using Word 2000, a bit of a dinosaur, I know, but perfectly adequate for
my needs at present. (Or it was)!

It sounds like the All Caps font format has become applied to the text in your
Normal.dot template.

To check if this is the case, select some piece of the text in a document that's
all capitals and go to Format Font. If the All Caps box is checked, uncheck it
and click OK, which should fix the selected text -- if it was typed lower case,
it should now be lower case.

If that works, follow the Method 1 steps in
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ocNotBlank.htm to remove the All
Caps format from Normal.dot.

--
Regards,

[...]