Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eb eb is offline

Default Print Preview problem

In Word (and Excel) print preview only shows a small part of the page (about
10 lines down the centre of each page) -- can anyone help with a solution
please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Have you tried reinstalling or updating the printer driver?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"EB" wrote:

In Word (and Excel) print preview only shows a small part of the page (about
10 lines down the centre of each page) -- can anyone help with a solution
please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eb eb is offline

Not technically qualified enough to do this! - is it an easy procedure? A
friend of mine also suggested reinstalling Word/Excel.....

"EB" wrote:

In Word (and Excel) print preview only shows a small part of the page (about
10 lines down the centre of each page) -- can anyone help with a solution
please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In Control Panel, double-click Printers and Faxes. You can delete the
current printer, and then click Add a Printer. Follow the instructions.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"EB" wrote:

In Word (and Excel) print preview only shows a small part of the page
(about
10 lines down the centre of each page) -- can anyone help with a
solution
please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eb eb is offline

Sorry - senior moment - I have shared folders with my husband's PC and use
that to do any printing I need. I was disconnected from the printer only a
few days ago - could that have caused the problem? (I have deleted the
printer driver but it hasn't made any difference)

"EB" wrote:

In Word (and Excel) print preview only shows a small part of the page (about
10 lines down the centre of each page) -- can anyone help with a solution
please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Word must be able to refer to a printer driver in order to work correctly.
Install a printer on the local machine and set it as default. It doesn't
have to be physically attached to the machine.

"EB" wrote:

In Word (and Excel) print preview only shows a small part of the page
(about
10 lines down the centre of each page) -- can anyone help with a
solution
please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Elvis Elvis is offline

HOW DO YOU PRINT PREVIEW IN WORD VISTA

"EB" wrote:

In Word (and Excel) print preview only shows a small part of the page (about
10 lines down the centre of each page) -- can anyone help with a solution
please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If what you're really asking about is Word 2007, Print Preview is absurdly
difficult to find: Office Button | Print | Print Preview. I think this was
the first button I added to my QAT (which you can do by right-clicking it
and choosing that option).

"EB" wrote:

In Word (and Excel) print preview only shows a small part of the page
(about
10 lines down the centre of each page) -- can anyone help with a solution
please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Or you could use the Ctrl+F2 shortcut.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"EB" wrote:

In Word (and Excel) print preview only shows a small part of the page
(about
10 lines down the centre of each page) -- can anyone help with a
solution
please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eb eb is offline

Default Print Preview problem - solved

Thanks - I realised that the printer had been removed from my PC and so print
preview on the document was looking for the only printing device attached,
i.e. my label printing machine, hence the small size of the print preview.
Have now re-installed the printer and problem solved. Thanks to all for help.

"EB" wrote:

In Word (and Excel) print preview only shows a small part of the page
(about
10 lines down the centre of each page) -- can anyone help with a
solution
please?

Desperite for help! Print Preview to Print Problem Kimberlee Page Layout 2 September 6th 07 06:12 AM
Word 2003 Print Preview problem Jacques Trépanier Microsoft Word Help 3 August 29th 07 10:13 PM
Print Preview in Word 2003 - 75% of preview is invisible Richard Hewitt Microsoft Word Help 0 August 8th 05 09:28 AM
Print Preview Problem MM Page Layout 4 June 22nd 05 08:12 AM
Print Preview Problem MM Page Layout 2 January 7th 05 12:25 AM