Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
km km is offline

Default Find Option

I used the Find option to locate specific words in my document and then I
used the Highlight all Option. When I closed out of the Find dialog box, the
highlighted words disappeared. Is this the way it is supposed to be? Or
should the words stay highlighted?

Thanks,

Karen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Instead of closing the Find dialog while all instances are highlighted, just
click the title bar of the document window to return focus to the document.
You can then perform whatever action you ended to perform on the selected
text. You can drag the Find window out of the way if necessary.

If you actually want to apply Highlight to the found text (note that
"Highlight" in the dialog just means "select"), then you can use Format |
Highlight in the Replace dialog instead, or you can use the Highlight button
after you've found and "highlighted" the text.

"KM" wrote in message
I used the Find option to locate specific words in my document and then I
used the Highlight all Option. When I closed out of the Find dialog box,
the
highlighted words disappeared. Is this the way it is supposed to be? Or
should the words stay highlighted?

Thanks,

Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
km km is offline

Thanks so much for answering - so basically choosing a specific color to
highlight the text you find from the Find Dialog box - really does nothing
more than select the text. If I want to actually choose a color to highlight
text, I use the Text Highlight Color from the toolbar?