jessica

Default webpage link

I received a link to a webpage in Outlook. When I click on the link in
Outlook it works fine. However, when I try to copy and paste the link to
Word, the link does not work. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make
this link work in Word?
fiona nelson

If the link is still active (usually indicated by blue underlined font), when
you hover the mouse cursor over the link a message should appear saying
"Ctrl+ Click to follow link". This means you have to hold the ctrl button
down and then click on the link and the link should work.

If the link is not active, copy the line, right click, choose "hyperlink"
from the menu, put your cursor into the address bar at the bottom of the menu
and use the shortcut ctrl+ v to paste the address into this pane. Click OK.
The link should now display as a blue underlined font and it should take you
to the right page. I have just tested these steps in Word 2003, I'm not sure
if it will work in other versions, but it might.

hope it helps.

Fiona Nelson

Link bhm7319 Microsoft Word Help 3 November 3rd 05 11:15 PM
how can I save a document from microsoft word into a webpage? Alex Microsoft Word Help 1 February 1st 05 02:55 AM
Extra space when pasting link from excel to word as unformatted te 0013 Microsoft Word Help 11 January 31st 05 07:17 PM
Relative path in LINK field ? Timvdv Microsoft Word Help 2 January 17th 05 12:41 PM
Word 2003 does not link with Excel'97 document dick provo0st Microsoft Word Help 1 January 5th 05 11:17 PM