Annette

Default How do I remove read-only from a Word document?

Periodically, my Word application saves my documents as read-only without my
prompting. How can I prevent this? How do I remove the read-only setting on
documents when it's not marked as read-only in the security settings?

Thanks.

Shauna Kelly

Hi Annette

See: I keep getting files that I am working on locked for editing. Word only
allows me to open them read-only
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/LockedFiles.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.