LRC

Default How to fix "not been installed for the current user. Please run se

Receive errorMicrosoft Office Word has not been installed for the current
user. Please run setup to install the application. Have been using it
successfully. Now I get the error.
The solution is simple. Go to the opa11.dat file right click click on the
security tab. Oops no Security Tab. OK. Simple solution. Go to Folder Options
go to advance settings uncheck "Use simple file sharing". Oops. No "Use
simple file sharing" anywhere. I am using Win XP SP2 and my HD is formatted
NTFS. Somewhere something at one time or another has been disabled or
modified and that particular little item does not show, even though I do know
that it is in the background somewhere. Does anyone have a clue as to how I
can fix it so that I can make the other neccessary changes? thanx

garfield-n-odie

You must be logged on to the computer with an account that has
Administrative rights. If you are running Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition, you must start the computer in safe mode, and then
log on with an account that has Administrative rights to have
access to the Security tab.

LRC wrote:
Receive errorMicrosoft Office Word has not been installed for the current
user. Please run setup to install the application. Have been using it
successfully. Now I get the error.
The solution is simple. Go to the opa11.dat file right click click on the
security tab. Oops no Security Tab. OK. Simple solution. Go to Folder Options
go to advance settings uncheck "Use simple file sharing". Oops. No "Use
simple file sharing" anywhere. I am using Win XP SP2 and my HD is formatted
NTFS. Somewhere something at one time or another has been disabled or
modified and that particular little item does not show, even though I do know
that it is in the background somewhere. Does anyone have a clue as to how I
can fix it so that I can make the other neccessary changes? thanx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MR. NORMAN A. VILES MR. NORMAN A. VILES is offline

HOW IN THE NAME OF GOODNESS DOES THIS ****** PROBLEM OCCUR ? MUCH MORE
IMPORTANT JUST HOW DOES ONE RECTIFY IT ?
HOW DO YOU LOG ONTO A COMPUTOR".....THAT HAS ADMINISTRATION RIGHTS "? AND
HOW DO YOU START THE COMPUTOR IN "SAFE" MODE ?
CAN ANYONE, ANYWHERE HELP ME........?