Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
opal

Default How do I change margin in an imported file?

I scanned an article into a document but the set column margins wont allow
the text to flow and wrap around as the typed text. How do I change this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 10:17:02 -0800, "opal"
wrote:

I scanned an article into a document but the set column margins wont allow
the text to flow and wrap around as the typed text. How do I change this?

It probably doesn't have anything to do with the margins. More likely,
the OCR from the scanner put a paragraph mark at the end of every
line. Click the Show/Hide button on the toolbar -- if you see a ¶
symbol at the end of each line, that's the problem. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eanWebText.htm to fix it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
opal

I am working with WordPerfect 12 but it allows me to work in MS Word mode so
that I can use this file on another computer with MS Word program, I found
the paragraph marks using the View button and Show but I toolbar is different
from Word so I still cannot clear them. I probably have to try contacting
Corel again. Thanks.

wrote:

I scanned an article into a document but the set column margins wont allow
the text to flow and wrap around as the typed text. How do I change this?

It probably doesn't have anything to do with the margins. More likely,
the OCR from the scanner put a paragraph mark at the end of every
line. Click the Show/Hide button on the toolbar -- if you see a ¶
symbol at the end of each line, that's the problem. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eanWebText.htm to fix it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You wouldn't be able to remove them from the toolbar in Word either. These
are indications of end of paragraph. You would need to delete them using
whatever method Word Perfect 12 uses to remove paragraph breaks - however
this is a question for a Word Perfect forum.

Alternatively you could try Stripmail (linked from the downloads page of my
web site) to strip the endings *before* you import to WP)