Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jackie D

Default working without a work file

Can somebody please help?

I was working in Word 2003 and I received an error message 'You are working
without a work file and your memory isnearly full. Please save your work'

When I clicked ok, my document went blank. Does anyone know what this means
and have I lost my work for good?
--

Many thanks
JD
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?SmFja2llIEQ=?=,

I was working in Word 2003 and I received an error message 'You are working
without a work file and your memory isnearly full. Please save your work'

When I clicked ok, my document went blank. Does anyone know what this means
and have I lost my work for good?

This isn't a message I've ever seen in Word before, and I've been using it for
almost fifteen years. Nor have I ever encountered the term "work file" with
Word, before.

This sounds like something outside of Word. Are you using any kind of document
management system?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jackie D

Hi Cindy

After I posted I got another error message connected to the same Word
document. It said that one of my Table cells was corrupt (the document is
made up of numerous table cells). However when I closed it down and opened it
again the information returned but I lost the recent alterations.
--

Many thanks
JD

Hi ?B?SmFja2llIEQ=?=,