Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott

Default disable/enable macros in pop-up window

I have created a word doc (Form) with macros. Every time I open the file I am
presented with a securuty pop up that tells me my file has macros and asks me
to enable or disable them as well as giving me some info. How can I get rid
of this pop up. The file was created by me for use on my computer. I know the
file has macros in it. Is there a configuration item or setting I can use so
as not to have this message pop up each time I use the file.

- Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Start by going to Macro Security and look at the settings on both tabs.
Trusting access to the VBA project should be sufficient. Alternatively, use
SelfCert.exe to create your own certificate, sign the VBA project with that,
and add your certificate to the trusted publishers list.

"Scott" wrote in message
I have created a word doc (Form) with macros. Every time I open the file I
am
presented with a securuty pop up that tells me my file has macros and asks
me
to enable or disable them as well as giving me some info. How can I get
rid
of this pop up. The file was created by me for use on my computer. I know
the
file has macros in it. Is there a configuration item or setting I can use
so
as not to have this message pop up each time I use the file.

- Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Save the form as a template in the user templates folder shown on the File
Locations tab of Tools | Options. Make sure that "Trust all installed
templates and add-ins" is checked on the Trusted Sources tab of Tools |
Macro | Security.

"Scott" wrote in message
I have created a word doc (Form) with macros. Every time I open the file I

am
presented with a securuty pop up that tells me my file has macros and asks

me
to enable or disable them as well as giving me some info. How can I get

rid
of this pop up. The file was created by me for use on my computer. I know

the
file has macros in it. Is there a configuration item or setting I can use

so
as not to have this message pop up each time I use the file.

- Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott

I have tried Trusting access to the VBA project and "Trust all installed
templates and add-ins" . So where could I find SelfCert.exe it sounds like
the next step !!

"Scott" wrote in message
I have created a word doc (Form) with macros. Every time I open the file I
am
presented with a securuty pop up that tells me my file has macros and asks
me
to enable or disable them as well as giving me some info. How can I get
rid
of this pop up. The file was created by me for use on my computer. I know
the
file has macros in it. Is there a configuration item or setting I can use
so
as not to have this message pop up each time I use the file.

- Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Selfcert.exe is a freebie from Microsoft. You should have a copy in your
office folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office nn), or go he
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=217221.

"Scott" wrote in message
I have created a word doc (Form) with macros. Every time I open the file
am
presented with a securuty pop up that tells me my file has macros and
asks
me
to enable or disable them as well as giving me some info. How can I get
rid
of this pop up. The file was created by me for use on my computer. I
know
the
file has macros in it. Is there a configuration item or setting I can
use
so
as not to have this message pop up each time I use the file.

- Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Please read my post. A form that will be used more than once should be a
template. A template should be in the user templates folder. Macros in a
template in the user templates folder will be trusted; you won't need
Selfcert.exe.

"Scott" wrote in message
Thank you !!!

"Scott" wrote in message
I have created a word doc (Form) with macros. Every time I open the

file
am
presented with a securuty pop up that tells me my file has macros

and
asks
me
to enable or disable them as well as giving me some info. How can I

get
rid
of this pop up. The file was created by me for use on my computer.

know
the
file has macros in it. Is there a configuration item or setting I

can
use
so
as not to have this message pop up each time I use the file.

- Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott

Suzanne,