Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arlene Arlene is offline

Default Upgrading from Trial Version of Office 2007 to Office 2007 Standar

I have Office 2003 installed, then installed the Trial Version of Office
2007, and just bought the Standard Microsoft Office 2007 UPgrade version. Do
I need to uninstall the trial version first?

Thanks in advance.
Arlene
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You may not *have* to but I strongly recommend it.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Arlene" wrote in message
I have Office 2003 installed, then installed the Trial Version of Office
2007, and just bought the Standard Microsoft Office 2007 UPgrade version.
Do
I need to uninstall the trial version first?

Thanks in advance.
Arlene

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Arlene Arlene is offline

Default Upgrading from Trial Version of Office 2007 to Office 2007 Sta

I'm afraid to lose things in Outlook. Do you know if that's a danger?

"Arlene" wrote in message
I have Office 2003 installed, then installed the Trial Version of Office
2007, and just bought the Standard Microsoft Office 2007 UPgrade version.
Do
I need to uninstall the trial version first?

Thanks in advance.
Arlene

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Upgrades and software installation should not affect your data. Make a
backup of your Outlook data file to be on the safe side.
There was a backup tool for Outlook 2003, but i don't know if it still works
with Outlook 2007

"Arlene" wrote in message
I have Office 2003 installed, then installed the Trial Version of
Office 2007, and just bought the Standard Microsoft Office 2007
UPgrade version. Do
I need to uninstall the trial version first?

Thanks in advance.
Arlene

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Arlene,

Always a good idea to back up your files before doing any software update, upgrade, removal or installation (Murphy likes 'software'
g).

If the trial edition of MS Office 2007 is the same as the one you're purchasing and it's working correctly (run the Office 2007
diagnostics from one of the apps (In Word - Alt, T, O, R) to check and there is a risk of things that are working breaking,
including data loss (although it's not a high probability.

The MS Office 2007 trial editions are the same product as the matching editions on the retail CDs. The product key type determines
how setup behaves as far as removing/leaving old apps during the 2007 installation. (The trial edition leaves older apps, the
retail install default is to remove them).

===============
"Arlene" wrote in message news I'm afraid to lose things in Outlook. Do you know if that's a danger?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Murphy likes to stomp and tromp on software...especially the day you need it
most. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...