Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robin McInnes Robin McInnes is offline

Default Delete an auto-generated horizontal line?

Hi,

Having typed a series of dashes, followed by new paragraph, to add a
horizontal line to a Word document, can anyone please tell me how I can
delete it?

Unlike with manually inserted horizontal lines, I don't seem to be able
to select the auto-generated ones, and consequently I don't seem able to
delete them. Right clicking a line throws up a dialogue box, but it
doesn't include a delete option.

Likewise, using the delete button at the end of a paragraph seems to
ignore the line, and text _below_ the line is what gets deleted.

I am completely puzzled as to how I can get rid of this line. (Although
no doubt it is something glaringly obvious... :-) )

Thanks in advance,
Robin McInnes

Cheshire, UK

-Si non confectus, non reficiat-
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Robin McInnes" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Stefan Blom wrote:
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm

Thanks Stefan.

I might not have looked in quite the correct place for the answer, but
at least it wasn't all that glaringly obvious...

Cheers,
Robin McInnes
Cheshire, UK

-Si non confectus, non reficiat-
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Glad I could help.

And you're right: it is not an obvious solution. It's a good idea to
also read the article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm for
instructions on turning off other AutoFormat As You Type features.