Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KIKO Software KIKO Software is offline

Default How do I disable cursor blinking while typing in office 2007?

I just bought Vista Ultimate with Office 2007. It now seems that the cursor
in programs like Outlook 2007 and Word 2007 does not stop blinking when I am
typing, like all other programs do. This is very irritating because half of
the time I don't know where the cursor is. Is there a way to make the cursor
stop blinking while editing, or is this a bug? I find these programs
virtually unusable because of this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The "cursor" is wherever you are typing, so I don't see how you could not
know where it is. If you are referring to the mouse pointer, its
disappearance when you are typing is governed by your mouse software.

"KIKO Software" KIKO wrote in message
I just bought Vista Ultimate with Office 2007. It now seems that the

cursor
in programs like Outlook 2007 and Word 2007 does not stop blinking when I

am
typing, like all other programs do. This is very irritating because half

of
the time I don't know where the cursor is. Is there a way to make the

cursor
stop blinking while editing, or is this a bug? I find these programs
virtually unusable because of this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KIKO Software[_2_] KIKO Software[_2_] is offline

I am not talking about the mouse cursor. It seems you don't understand my
problem.

Let me try to explain it again: When I am NOT typing the cursor blinks. This
is normal, and I can set the blinking rate. The problem starts when I begin
to type. All programs I know simply show a non-blinking cursor while
typing... for instance IE7, which I use to type this message, does this
correctly. However in Word and Outlook 2007 under Vista the cursor keeps on
blinking even while I am typing. This means that half of the time I cannot
see where I am typing because the cursor is gone. It is especially nasty when
trying to correct typing errors.

I tried to solve this by setting the blinking rate to its highest speed, but
this doesn't really solve the problem.

I think this is a bug, which is caused by the fact that most people who work
on creating these programs don't really look at what they are typing. Being
dyslexic myself, I do need to keep a very sharp eye on each letter I type,
and I therefore immediately noticed this peculiar blinking. It is very
distracting and makes normal typing even more difficult for me.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The "cursor" is wherever you are typing, so I don't see how you could not
know where it is. If you are referring to the mouse pointer, its
disappearance when you are typing is governed by your mouse software.

"KIKO Software" KIKO wrote in message
I just bought Vista Ultimate with Office 2007. It now seems that the

cursor
in programs like Outlook 2007 and Word 2007 does not stop blinking when I

am
typing, like all other programs do. This is very irritating because half

of
the time I don't know where the cursor is. Is there a way to make the

cursor
stop blinking while editing, or is this a bug? I find these programs
virtually unusable because of this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Okay, I think I see what you're saying now; my cursor does stop blinking
while I'm typing, but since it is to the right of what I'm typing, I don't
think that its blinking would distract me (though of course I can't be
sure). Since you're seeing this only in Office 2007 apps, it does seem to be
localized. Perhaps other users have seen the same?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The "cursor" is wherever you are typing, so I don't see how you could

not
know where it is. If you are referring to the mouse pointer, its
disappearance when you are typing is governed by your mouse software.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"KIKO Software" KIKO wrote in

message
I just bought Vista Ultimate with Office 2007. It now seems that the

cursor
in programs like Outlook 2007 and Word 2007 does not stop blinking

when I
am
typing, like all other programs do. This is very irritating because

half
of
the time I don't know where the cursor is. Is there a way to make the

cursor
stop blinking while editing, or is this a bug? I find these programs
virtually unusable because of this.

Wd2007 Blinking cursor? CMM Microsoft Word Help 1 November 17th 06 07:24 AM
Blinking cursor mark scrcrow New Users 1 July 22nd 06 03:54 PM
My cursor does not appear in any Office 2007 Beta Product pabber Microsoft Word Help 1 July 7th 06 09:29 PM
Deleting pages, 2007 MS Office, Typing on o word doc NMI Microsoft Word Help 3 June 5th 06 10:15 PM
Why is my blinking cursor really short? hollywood Microsoft Word Help 2 April 28th 05 11:54 PM