Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
AndrewB AndrewB is offline

Default temp files being auto-generated when converting Word 2003 to 2007

I have a user that is converting many 2003 doc files to 2007. A large amount
of temp files (convert-related, I am sure) are being created by Word 2007 in
the same directory as where she is working.
When done, they are not getting deleted. She needs to manually delete
them...a hastle for the user.
How do I configure her pc so that they auto-delete upon exiting the file\app?
Regards,
Andrew B
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

How is the user 'converting' the files. It is only necessary to open them in
Word 2007 and SavAs using the same name in docx (or docm) format. When Word
is closed, the temp files are deleted.

If they are not being deleted, then I'd suspect that the user has
insufficient permissions in the fielder be used.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

news