Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary Gary is offline

Default Word 2007 very slow to open

I am using Word 2007. I received a message about two weeks ago that MS
Office 2007 had found an error. It ran its analysis tools and allegedly
fixed one error. Since that has happened, Word has been very slow to open.
For example, I have a document with one figure in it and it takes six minutes
for it to open. When I launch Word directly, it takes longer than usual to
open. I've uninstalled Office, reinstalled it, and am having the same
problem. I even renamed normal.dotm to oldnormal.dotm. I'm still having
this trouble. I'd appreciate any assistance that can be provided regarding
this matter. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then