Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GPS

Default Screen turns off momentarily when i press '4'

When typing in word 2003 I am finding thet the screen turns off for half a
second whenever I type a 4. (A particular nuisance as all phone numbers in
the area begin with about 4 of them). It doesn't happen in any other program.
Anyone else come across this problem please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Any chance you're on a laptop?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"GPS" wrote in message
When typing in word 2003 I am finding thet the screen turns off for half a
second whenever I type a 4. (A particular nuisance as all phone numbers in
the area begin with about 4 of them). It doesn't happen in any other
program.
Anyone else come across this problem please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GPS

I am indeed. You're going to tell me it's something obvious now aren't you

Thanks for replying and I'm eagerly awaiting your next response....

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Any chance you're on a laptop?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"GPS" wrote in message
When typing in word 2003 I am finding thet the screen turns off for half a
second whenever I type a 4. (A particular nuisance as all phone numbers in
the area begin with about 4 of them). It doesn't happen in any other
program.
Anyone else come across this problem please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I can't be certain but I'm going to guess that it's some weird combination
of the 4 key and CTRL, Shift, Fn, or Alt that is doing it. I would suggest
reading the laptop manual or whatever Help files that apply to the screen.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"GPS" wrote in message
I am indeed. You're going to tell me it's something obvious now aren't you

Thanks for replying and I'm eagerly awaiting your next response....

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Any chance you're on a laptop?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"GPS" wrote in message
When typing in word 2003 I am finding thet the screen turns off for
half a
second whenever I type a 4. (A particular nuisance as all phone numbers
in
the area begin with about 4 of them). It doesn't happen in any other
program.
Anyone else come across this problem please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GPS

No combinations. Just 4 on it's own, and only in Word.

"GPS" wrote in message
I am indeed. You're going to tell me it's something obvious now aren't you

Thanks for replying and I'm eagerly awaiting your next response....

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Any chance you're on a laptop?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"GPS" wrote in message
When typing in word 2003 I am finding thet the screen turns off for
half a
second whenever I type a 4. (A particular nuisance as all phone numbers
in
the area begin with about 4 of them). It doesn't happen in any other
program.
Anyone else come across this problem please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

You could have hit one of those keys unintentionally. I would try each of
them in turn. I know it's there somewhere. I'd even venture a 50¢ bet on it.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"GPS" wrote in message
I am indeed. You're going to tell me it's something obvious now aren't
you

Thanks for replying and I'm eagerly awaiting your next response....

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

Any chance you're on a laptop?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"GPS" wrote in message
When typing in word 2003 I am finding thet the screen turns off for
half a
second whenever I type a 4. (A particular nuisance as all phone
numbers
in
the area begin with about 4 of them). It doesn't happen in any other
program.
Anyone else come across this problem please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Exchange lots of mouse moves and clicks for a single key press!
Significantly improve working speed by using shortcuts (hot keys).
Avoid Repetitive Strain Injury!

EnergyKey http://www30.webSamba.com/SmartStudio