Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alex

Default Is there a "Link to File" quick icon somewhere?

I am linking a picture inserted into my Word document to the source file.
Currently, I follow these steps.

Insert - Picture - From File - (pick the picture file) - Select "Link to
File" under Insert options

Right now I have the Insert Picture icon in a toolbar, but I still have to
manually choose the Link to File option. Ideally, I'd like a "Insert picture
with link to file" icon so that way I could eliminate that small step. Does
a quick icon like this exist?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QWxleA==?=,

I am linking a picture inserted into my Word document to the source file.
Currently, I follow these steps.

Insert - Picture - From File - (pick the picture file) - Select "Link to
File" under Insert options

Right now I have the Insert Picture icon in a toolbar, but I still have to
manually choose the Link to File option. Ideally, I'd like a "Insert picture
with link to file" icon so that way I could eliminate that small step. Does
a quick icon like this exist?

No, I don't believe so. Best you can do would be to use a macro that would
display the dialog box, then take care of the insertion for you. Which version
of Word are you using? And with what text flow formatting do you prefer to
insert your pictures (in-line with text, square...)?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)