Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Melody Melody is offline

Default Unable to save changes to data file when using Edit Recipient List

Hello,
We just recently upgraded to Office 2007. When I open my master (main)
merge document and click the button to Edit the Recipient List, I have the
option to edit individual records (change a value in one or more fields).
This is the method I usually use for changing/updating records. After
completing my merge, I close my main document. I am prompted with this
message: "DF317571.docx is a mail merge main document that is attached to a
data source Info.docx that has not been saved. Do you want to save
Memo.docx?" (The name of the first document is different everytime.) If I
select Yes, I get "This file is Read-only) and only have the choice of "OK".
The merged documents show the updated records. How can I get my changes to
the data file saved? My data file is a Word 2007 document with a table with
proper headings for a merge.
--
---Melody

Unable to save changes to recipient list on networked drive Nat Microsoft Word Help 0 May 2nd 08 04:21 AM
Word 2007: can't edit recipient list johnthebaptist Mailmerge 9 December 17th 07 06:34 PM
Edit Recipient List Doo Mailmerge 3 September 6th 07 02:51 PM
Can't edit recipient list [email protected] Mailmerge 1 November 15th 06 02:15 PM
Edit recipient list Joanne Mailmerge 6 January 13th 06 08:44 AM