Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Peter Foldes Peter Foldes is offline

Default Opening and closing Word

Office 2003 Pro running in the W2K3 Enterprise environment.

Issue

Opening and closing Word extremely slow.Otherwise everything else inside is normal.
All other Office progs are normal in opening\closing compared to latter. No Add Ins
and no *.doc files saved. What am I missing

Thanks

--
Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Work through the troubleshooting steps at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm to see if
anything helps.

http://word.mvps.org

"Peter Foldes" wrote in message
Office 2003 Pro running in the W2K3 Enterprise environment.

Issue

Opening and closing Word extremely slow.Otherwise everything else inside
is normal. All other Office progs are normal in opening\closing compared
to latter. No Add Ins and no *.doc files saved. What am I missing

Thanks

--
Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Peter Foldes Peter Foldes is offline

Did not work. Implemented each fix and nada. Maybe removing Word and then
re-installing might do it

--
Peter

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Work through the troubleshooting steps at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm to see if anything
helps.

http://word.mvps.org

"Peter Foldes" wrote in message
Office 2003 Pro running in the W2K3 Enterprise environment.

Issue

Opening and closing Word extremely slow.Otherwise everything else inside is
normal. All other Office progs are normal in opening\closing compared to latter.
No Add Ins and no *.doc files saved. What am I missing

Thanks

--
Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Most unlikely. The fix must be in the FAQ. Have you tried a different
printer driver set as the Windows Default?

What happens when you start in Safe Mode? From Start | Run, type in

winword /a

and press Enter. Does Word open (and close) quickly now?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Peter Foldes Peter Foldes is offline

Susan and Terry

Thanks for all your help . Problem was solved by uninstalling and re-installing Word
.. Tried the latter at first and had the same issue. Decided to disconnect my
security suite and AV and then re-install. It worked. Re enabled the Security and AV
after and all is well.

Office 2003 Pro
W2K3 Enterprise SP2
--