Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ted medin ted medin is offline

Default word xp to 2007

With word xp & 2003 i could bring up a form & click on tools & click on
unprotect so i could make changes to the form. I am lost in how to do
that in 2007. Clicked on the name.doc file & after a long long time got
the form up. That began a several minutes of frustration. Finally got to
help & searched for unprotect that was no help. Help! Get me started
please. TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The facility to Protect/UnProtect documents is on the Developer tab of the
Ribbon. If that is not displayed, click on the Office button and then
select Word Options from the bottom border of the dialog and check the box
for "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon" under the Popular item.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"ted medin" wrote in message
With word xp & 2003 i could bring up a form & click on tools & click on
unprotect so i could make changes to the form. I am lost in how to do that
in 2007. Clicked on the name.doc file & after a long long time got the
form up. That began a several minutes of frustration. Finally got to help
& searched for unprotect that was no help. Help! Get me started please.
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

In addition to the Developer tab, the Protect Document button is also on the
Review tab of the ribbon.

For easier access, right-click the Quick Access Toolbar, choose Customize, set
the category to All Commands, and add the Lock command button to the toolbar --
this is the same button that was on the Forms toolbar in Word 2003 to turn
protection on and off.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"ted medin" wrote in message
With word xp & 2003 i could bring up a form & click on tools & click on
unprotect so i could make changes to the form. I am lost in how to do that
in 2007. Clicked on the name.doc file & after a long long time got the
form up. That began a several minutes of frustration. Finally got to help
& searched for unprotect that was no help. Help! Get me started please.
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you are working with protected forms in Word 2007, you will find
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm useful.

morkelkey wrote:
hi friends,
To unprotect the file, I have to save the document as Word 97-2003,
close the document, re-open it and do the same unprotect steps and it.
What you won't find here that was on the Forms toolbar in earlier
versions is the Lock/Unlock button to Protect/Unprotect the form. You
can get to this using Protect Document on the Developer tab, but you
may find it more convenient to add the Lock button to the QAT.