Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gerry Wolff Gerry Wolff is offline

Default How to show the path of a filename in Word 2007?

When I have a file loaded into Word 2007, I see the filename in the bar
at the top of the screen.

Can anyone tell me how to show the full path of the file, as well as the
name of the file?

With thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You can add the Document Location item to the Quick Access Toolbar. You
will find it in the Commands Not in Ribbon (or All Commands) group.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Gerry Wolff" wrote in message
When I have a file loaded into Word 2007, I see the filename in the bar at
the top of the screen.

Can anyone tell me how to show the full path of the file, as well as the
name of the file?

With thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Include the line
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
in an autoopen macro in the normal template - see

Gerry Wolff wrote:
When I have a file loaded into Word 2007, I see the filename in the
bar at the top of the screen.

Can anyone tell me how to show the full path of the file, as well as
the name of the file?

With thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gerry Wolff[_2_] Gerry Wolff[_2_] is offline

On 7 July, 21:43, Gerry Wolff wrote:
When I have a file loaded into Word 2007, I see the filename in the bar
at the top of the screen.

Can anyone tell me how to show the full path of the file, as well as the
name of the file?

With thanks.

OK, many thanks.

Gerry
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

in an autoopen macro in the normal template - seehttp://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

--

Graham Mayor - *Word MVP

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

Gerry Wolff wrote:
When I have a file loaded into Word 2007, I see the filename in the
bar at the top of the screen.

Can anyone tell me how to show the full path of the file, as well as
the name of the file?

With thanks.

OK, thanks but this is a bit too advanced for me.

Regards,

Gerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Press ALT+F8. Do you have a macro called AutoOpen? If you have not created
one then you won't have so use the link I posted earlier
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm to assist you to add the
following macro. This isn't difficult!

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
End Sub