Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
afdmello afdmello is offline

Default begin a document

I am presently writing procedures.The first page and the second page is
filled up by another person.
Which is the best way to leave the first two pages blank for subsequent data
addition?

I continuously hit the enter key until I land on the third page and begin my
document.

Afd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It would be more efficient to insert two page breaks (Ctrl+Enter). Better
still to insert just one, leaving one blank page, and letting the other user
type continuously to fill as many pages as needed. If you insert two page
breaks, you'll almost certainly end up with a blank page between your part
and the other person's part.

http://word.mvps.org

"afdmello" wrote in message
I am presently writing procedures.The first page and the second page is
filled up by another person.
Which is the best way to leave the first two pages blank for subsequent
data addition?

I continuously hit the enter key until I land on the third page and begin
my document.

Afd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 18:13:06 +0300, "afdmello"
wrote:

I am presently writing procedures.The first page and the second page is
filled up by another person.
Which is the best way to leave the first two pages blank for subsequent data
addition?

I continuously hit the enter key until I land on the third page and begin my
document.

Afd

That is certainly not the best way.

Instead, press Ctrl+Enter to insert a page break. You can let the
other person create both of the first two pages, or you can insert two
page breaks in the new document (but that might cause a bad break for
the other person, who would then have to delete one of the breaks you
inserted).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
afdmello afdmello is offline

Thank you Suzanne and Jay.

One general comment I want to make to the newsgroup viewers and users

My profound gratitude always as my learning is from your concise and prompt
replies even to the most stupid queries of mine

Afd