Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dorothy

Default OPen new document with header defined?

When I open a new document, the margins for the header do not appear and the
cursor is at the very top of the page. To get the header to appear, I must
open the header, then close it down. THe cursor then appears "under" the
space for the header. How do I get the document to open with a header already
in place?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
SVC

Tools Options, on the View tab under Print and Web layout options check
"White space between pages"

"Dorothy" wrote:

When I open a new document, the margins for the header do not appear and the
cursor is at the very top of the page. To get the header to appear, I must
open the header, then close it down. THe cursor then appears "under" the
space for the header. How do I get the document to open with a header already
in place?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Drysdale

Move the mouse to the top edge of the page, it will say show or hide white
space. Just click here to toggle between the two. Sometime when scrolling,
the mouse just goes over the edge at this point and that's how we suddently
lose the white space. Hope this helps explain how you lost the space in the
first place.
--
Rae Drysdale

"Dorothy" wrote:

When I open a new document, the margins for the header do not appear and the
cursor is at the very top of the page. To get the header to appear, I must
open the header, then close it down. THe cursor then appears "under" the
space for the header. How do I get the document to open with a header already
in place?

Mail Merge with separate Source Header document Singlej Mailmerge 2 March 29th 06 02:19 PM
How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 10:29 PM
Is there any add-on for Open Document Text file ? Jason New Users 2 October 29th 05 09:39 PM
I can't get a mail merge document to open, I get "the document na. hask104 Mailmerge 0 March 31st 05 01:57 AM