Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
A Writer

Default How to set title and text at same level in a 2 column layout?

I have a two column document. I want to set the heading title in column one
and have the following text for that paragraph in column two, starting at the
same horizontal level. How can I do this without using tables?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz

Try using a Hanging Indent - FormatParagraphSpecial - Hanging... Or you
can set it on the Ruler. This formatting can also be included in a paragraph
Style if you intend to use it routinely or expect to frequently revise the
doc. Two columns ain't gonna do it.

First time I'd suggest using the dialog box, observe the changes that take
place with position of the markers at the left end of the Rule & adjust from
there.

Just out of curiosity, though, why not a table?
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones