Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Page Numbering Fiasco

Normally I'm fairly descent when it comes to figuring out page numbers, but
this one has got me pretty stumped.

My document is 14 pages long and has 15 sections to it (i have many columned
areas). How, my number is totally out of whack!

I went to the top of my document..viewed the footer and inserted auto text,
choosing "-1-" as how I wanted my numbers to appear. Then I centered the
numbers. All looked well....until!!!!

The first two pages are ok...the third page says -1- on it. The fourth page
says -2- on it. But wait, it gets better!!!! The rest of the pages aren't
even numbered anymore!!!! HELP!!!!

All I want is for the document to be numbered -1- through -14-. That's
all!!!