Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
:Pendraggon :Pendraggon is offline

Default Using PageSetup Default does not save changes when next opened

In Word (MS Office Word 2003 SP3) I make font (from TimesNewRoman to Arial) &
font size (12 to 10), I go to PageSetup hit the Default button. My next
opening of Word I again have TimesNewRoman 12 pt.
I have made changes to NORMAL template many times over years, never had this
issue.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Presumably when you click Default... you also answer yes to the ensuing
dialog? There are some add-ins that prevent Normal.dot from being saved;
there are ways to work around them, but a direct solution is just to force
an immediate save of Normal. Press the Shift key while clicking on the File
menu and you will be able to use the Save All command, which will prompt a
save of all open documents and templates (you can click Cancel for any
unsaved new documents you don't want to save).

http://word.mvps.org