Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brenna Brenna is offline

Default Can't send as e-mail attachment

I have MS Office Home & Student. I am unable to send my document as an
e-mail attachment. Also, I can't save as PDF. The options are not
available. On the send option, the only one I can use is fax. How can I fix
this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Office Home & Student doesn't come with Outlook, so you must designate
another mail client as the default. No version of Office 2007 comes with PDF
support built in. You have to download the free add-in from

"Brenna" wrote in message
I have MS Office Home & Student. I am unable to send my document as an
e-mail attachment. Also, I can't save as PDF. The options are not
available. On the send option, the only one I can use is fax. How can I
fix
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brenna Brenna is offline

Thanks. I have downloaded the add-in and it doesn't work. How do I set a
mail client as default?

"Brenna" wrote in message
I have MS Office Home & Student. I am unable to send my document as an
e-mail attachment. Also, I can't save as PDF. The options are not
available. On the send option, the only one I can use is fax. How can I
fix
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brenna Brenna is offline

Hi Suzanne. I tried everything you mentioned, however, I still can't send a
document from my Word to an e-mail recipient. I also downloaded the add-in,
and it doesn't show up either/ to save as pdf. I'm at a total loss. It was
working last week, but now it isn't.
Thanks.
Brenda

"Brenna" wrote in message
I have MS Office Home & Student. I am unable to send my document as an
e-mail attachment. Also, I can't save as PDF. The options are not
available. On the send option, the only one I can use is fax. How can
fix
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What email client do you use? I use Outlook Express, and when I choose
Office Button | Send | E-mail, I get an email message with the document
attached.

When you downloaded the PDF add-in, did you choose Run or Save? If the
latter, you need to navigate to the folder where you saved the .exe file and
double-click to install it. When I did that, I got PDF as an option on my
Save As menu.

"Brenna" wrote in message
I have MS Office Home & Student. I am unable to send my document as
an
e-mail attachment. Also, I can't save as PDF. The options are not
available. On the send option, the only one I can use is fax. How
can
fix
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brenna Brenna is offline

I use Outlook Express as well. When I do the same steps you stated, the
only option I can select is Internet Fax. The E-mail and E-mail as PDF
attachment can't be selected. I'm so very confused. It did work, but now it
doesn't. Not sure what happened. I truly appreciate all you have helped me
with.
Brenna

"Brenna" wrote in message
I have MS Office Home & Student. I am unable to send my document as
an
e-mail attachment. Also, I can't save as PDF. The options are not
available. On the send option, the only one I can use is fax. How
can
fix
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brenna Brenna is offline

With the add-in, I did run. It comes up Publish and save as PDF. I don't
want to publish the documents. Just save as PDF to my system.

"Brenna" wrote in message
I have MS Office Home & Student. I am unable to send my document as
an
e-mail attachment. Also, I can't save as PDF. The options are not
available. On the send option, the only one I can use is fax. How
can
fix
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And you have selected Outlook Express as your default mail client in
Internet Options? One other step that might help: in OE, go to Tools |
Options | General, and if the Make Default button is enabled, click it (the
button will be dimmed if it says that OE is already the default mail
handler).

"Brenna" wrote in message
I have MS Office Home & Student. I am unable to send my document
as
an
e-mail attachment. Also, I can't save as PDF. The options are
not
available. On the send option, the only one I can use is fax.
How
can
fix
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Julie Wells (South Africa) Julie Wells (South Africa) is offline

Hi Ladies
I am having the same problem as Brenna. I even have the envelope icon in the
taks bar and it is dulled. I was running MS Office Ultimate but now I have
loaded the student and home edition and sicne then I can't email as an
attachment. When I had finished installing the new Office, OE was no longer
my mail handler but I immediately changed that (it prompts you to). I have
checked the Internet Options and the OE Options list. It is definitely
Windows' default. Now waht?

Also - can anyone tell me how to do the old function that Office had where
yu clicked on an envelope and it converted the document in layout view into a
message? That is waht I really need, the other one is not important really.

"Brenna" wrote in message
I have MS Office Home & Student. I am unable to send my document as an
e-mail attachment. Also, I can't save as PDF. The options are not
available. On the send option, the only one I can use is fax. How can I
fix
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The address book function requires Outlook to be the default e-mail
application. The student version of Office does not include Outlook.

The "E-mail" command is missing or is unavailable in Excel 2007, in
PowerPoint 2007, or in Word 2007
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918792