Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Mudflap4874

Default How can I rotate a table in Word 2003?

Is it possible to add a table that was created in landscape mode to a page
that is set up in portrait mode? I would like to rotate the table 90 degrees
counterclockwise, if possible.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Is what you are really wanting to do covered by the article "How to put a
portrait page number on a landscape page" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...apeSection.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Mudflap4874" wrote in message
Is it possible to add a table that was created in landscape mode to a page
that is set up in portrait mode? I would like to rotate the table 90
degrees
counterclockwise, if possible.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

There are two ways. As Doug has indicated, you can rotate the page itself,
by creating a landscape section. Alternatively, if you don't need to edit
the table (and will be satisfied with possibly reduced quality, you can
copy, Paste Special as a picture, and then rotate (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/UpsideDownText.htm).

"Mudflap4874" wrote in message
Is it possible to add a table that was created in landscape mode to a page
that is set up in portrait mode? I would like to rotate the table 90

degrees
counterclockwise, if possible.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Mudflap4874

Unfortunately, your responses did not solve the problem. The text within the
table needs to remain editable. The page has to remain in portrait mode with
it's header in tact at the top of the page and with the table content rotated
90 degrees counterclockwise.

Hmm ... you can rotate a text box, correct? I see Section 2.2 "Using a Text
Box" but that doesn't say how to rotate the box, unless I missed it somehow

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There are two ways. As Doug has indicated, you can rotate the page itself,
by creating a landscape section. Alternatively, if you don't need to edit
the table (and will be satisfied with possibly reduced quality, you can
copy, Paste Special as a picture, and then rotate (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/UpsideDownText.htm).

"Mudflap4874" wrote in message
Is it possible to add a table that was created in landscape mode to a page
that is set up in portrait mode? I would like to rotate the table 90

degrees
counterclockwise, if possible.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If you read the article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...apeSection.htm, you'll see that
you can put a portrait header on a landscape page. You can rotate text in a
table (it doesn't have to be in a text box), but you have to do it cell by
cell, which means you'd have to transpose the cells before you start. I
think creating a portrait header would be easier.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There are two ways. As Doug has indicated, you can rotate the page

itself,
by creating a landscape section. Alternatively, if you don't need to

edit
the table (and will be satisfied with possibly reduced quality, you can
copy, Paste Special as a picture, and then rotate (see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/UpsideDownText.htm).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Mudflap4874" wrote in message
Is it possible to add a table that was created in landscape mode to a

page
that is set up in portrait mode? I would like to rotate the table 90

degrees
counterclockwise, if possible.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil

Mudflap4874 was telling us:
Mudflap4874 nous racontait que :

Unfortunately, your responses did not solve the problem. The text
within the table needs to remain editable. The page has to remain in
portrait mode with it's header in tact at the top of the page and
with the table content rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise.

If you are referring to thge mvps.org page:

How to put a portrait page number on a landscape page
(http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...apeSection.htm)

Hmm ... you can rotate a text box, correct? I see Section 2.2 "Using

No.

a Text Box" but that doesn't say how to rotate the box, unless I
missed it somehow ....

It says to change the text direction, a totally different thing.

I have done it many times, and unfortunately, I have not found an easier
way.

To restate the instruction on the web page quoted above, set the page as
landscape, put header/footer stuff in text boxes, re-orient that ext within
and place the textboxes so that the reflect the portrait position. What I do
is print a portrait page and a landscape page, overlap them and look through
both of them to see if the landscape stuff is positioned as desired. Adjust
and reprint until I get it right.

It can get complicated when you have odd/even headers and a gutter... But
even if it is a pain, it is still fairly easy to do, just lengthy.

--
Salut!