Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Max21

Default Can I add outlook voting buttons to an email from Word Mail Merge

I have an excel sheet that I want to merge into an email message via Word
mail merge and I want the recipients of the email to confirm if the data
being sent from the file is correct personal data for them by clicking a
voting button in the email they receive do it can be tracked. I can do the
merge and add voting buttons as seperate tasks but I want to merge the two
activities.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TWF4MjE=?=,

I have an excel sheet that I want to merge into an email message via Word
mail merge and I want the recipients of the email to confirm if the data
being sent from the file is correct personal data for them by clicking a
voting button in the email they receive do it can be tracked. I can do the
merge and add voting buttons as seperate tasks but I want to merge the two
activities.

Word doesn't offer any facility for this. You'd need a coded solution in
either Word or in Outlook to process each merged record before sending the
email.

Best would be to process in Outlook, if you can hold back the sending of the
messages until the mail merge has finished and you can process them.

From the Word side, the merge would have to be done to a new document. You'd
then need to transfer each record to email, which can be very tricky.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

How do I mail merge to EMAIL from MS Word AND add a pdf attachment Lily@Insight Mailmerge 24 January 15th 07 09:33 PM
Editing Mail Merge Recipients Stan W. Mailmerge 8 May 4th 06 05:03 AM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Word 2002 mail merge using deleted/random/non-default Outlook email account [email protected] New Users 0 November 14th 05 07:11 PM