Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bev

Default Propogate labels problem

Is there a way to propogate labels, where each record in the mail merge has
two different labels. I've tried to create labels with a table that has two
columns, the second column repeating only part of the information in the
first column. When I propogate labels, the second column just duplicates the
first column, when really I want the propogation to duplicate the rows only,
not every cell. I want it to look like this (where | is the cell division) :
But when it propogates it looks like this:
I want the NextRecord field to appear only after the second MatterNo.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default Propagate labels problem

Propagate the labels in the usual way, change the document type to form
letter, then remove the {Next} record from the second label and every
second other label.

Bev wrote:
Is there a way to propogate labels, where each record in the mail
merge has two different labels. I've tried to create labels with a
table that has two columns, the second column repeating only part of
the information in the first column. When I propogate labels, the
second column just duplicates the first column, when really I want
the propogation to duplicate the rows only, not every cell. I want
it to look like this (where | is the cell division) : |
But when it propogates it looks like this:

I want the NextRecord field to appear only after the second MatterNo.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bev

Thanks Graham, that's a help. I'm thinking I may create a template layed out
how I want and re-use it each time.

Bev wrote:
Is there a way to propogate labels, where each record in the mail
merge has two different labels. I've tried to create labels with a
table that has two columns, the second column repeating only part of
the information in the first column. When I propogate labels, the
second column just duplicates the first column, when really I want
the propogation to duplicate the rows only, not every cell. I want
it to look like this (where | is the cell division) : |
But when it propogates it looks like this:

I want the NextRecord field to appear only after the second MatterNo.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Save the source document before you run the merge and use that next time.

Bev wrote:
Is there a way to propogate labels, where each record in the mail
merge has two different labels. I've tried to create labels with a
table that has two columns, the second column repeating only part of
the information in the first column. When I propogate labels, the
second column just duplicates the first column, when really I want
the propogation to duplicate the rows only, not every cell. I want
it to look like this (where | is the cell division) : |
But when it propogates it looks like this:
I want the NextRecord field to appear only after the second
MatterNo.

Mail merge to continuous labels skips labels between pages Devon Stout Mailmerge 8 July 10th 06 07:11 PM
Problem with labels Edward Lee Page Layout 2 April 20th 05 04:34 AM
Label maker problem Higgi New Users 2 January 2nd 05 10:34 AM
Mailing Labels - Outlook to Word? Charliec Mailmerge 2 December 5th 04 05:46 PM
preview of labels in Word do not show outline of labels anymore makingfaces Microsoft Word Help 2 December 1st 04 01:32 PM