Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Andy Chan

Default How to Set Different Titles for Emails Generated by Mailmerge?

Dear all,

I would like to generate emails with mailmerge. However, I don't know
how to have the different titles for different emails. I would like to have
the titles including the data of some fields. Can it be done?

Here is what I want to do: There is a field called "Surname". If the
"Surname" of an entry is "Jones", I would like to set the title of the email
to "Hello, Jones!".

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

In the English language version of Office, the thing you are allowed to set
is called the "Subject". Maybe it is called something else in your version
or language.

The only thing that Mail Merge lets you do is set the email Subject to a
single field (column) in the Mail Merge data source. So you can set it to
Surname, but not "Hello, Surname!"

The easiest way to fix this is to create a new field (e.g. called
MailSubject" ) in your data source that contains the text you want, and use
that for the merge subject field.

Peter Jamieson