Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bdaniel76 bdaniel76 is offline

Default XML Tags in a document: changing their format or type

I have bound a schema to a word document. I am applying tags to the document
and I want to know how to change the format of the tag. When I apply the tag
it looks like a purple tube with the tag name on it. Something like the
following:
(tag_name_here( ) ) [note there are lines on top of the parentheses]. Other
tags however, showup like this: (|tag_name_here( )tag_name_here|). The
symbol that I tred to emulate with the | looks like the backward or
beginning symbol on a media player.

My question is, how do I get my XML tags to show up like the latter instead
of the former.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bdaniel76 bdaniel76 is offline

To refine the question: I think what I am really looking for is a way to
capture hard returns.

"bdaniel76" wrote:

I have bound a schema to a word document. I am applying tags to the document
and I want to know how to change the format of the tag. When I apply the tag
it looks like a purple tube with the tag name on it. Something like the
following:
(tag_name_here( ) ) [note there are lines on top of the parentheses]. Other
tags however, showup like this: (|tag_name_here( )tag_name_here|). The
symbol that I tred to emulate with the | looks like the backward or
beginning symbol on a media player.

My question is, how do I get my XML tags to show up like the latter instead
of the former.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bdaniel76 bdaniel76 is offline

Solution:

The issue comes when the tag is already part of a line. If you need to
split the tag, put it on it's own line. After you split the tag with a hard
return, you can remove the hard return between the tags so that the open and
close parts of the tag are on the same line.

Document Type Problem JoyceA Mailmerge 3 May 18th 06 11:19 AM
Changing format of new blank document Katy2446 Microsoft Word Help 1 April 1st 06 05:38 PM
send a document without changing its format? [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 2 November 3rd 05 06:07 PM
How to prevent word from changing format of a document? Jess Microsoft Word Help 0 August 25th 05 07:12 PM
opening and changing a document by multiple people at the same tim GSelser Microsoft Word Help 0 August 11th 05 10:05 PM