Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kamil kamil is offline

Default Index - why can't I click on the pages?

In Word Office XP, when I create an idex to my document, the pages can't be
clicked on - ie, the only way I can use the index is by pressing Cntr+click.
Is there a way to make the index pages active, like a hyperlink, so I can
click on them with a single click of the mouse. Otherwise when I pdf my
book, the index pages can't be clicked at all and I have to scroll through
entire book to find page they looking for. Can someone please help!! Thank
you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henk57[_150_] Henk57[_150_] is offline

kamil;2531604 Wrote:
In Word Office XP, when I create an idex to my document, the pages can't
be
clicked on - ie, the only way I can use the index is by pressing
Cntr+click.
Is there a way to make the index pages active, like a hyperlink, so I
can
click on them with a single click of the mouse. Otherwise when I pdf
my
book, the index pages can't be clicked at all and I have to scroll
through
entire book to find page they looking for. Can someone please help!!
Thank
you.

You have checked an option that prompts this Word behaviour. Go to
Tools/Options/[Edit tab] and clear "Use CTRL + Click to follow
hyperlink". However, this settings don't affect yr hyperlink behaviour
in pdf - they will work as you expect. Also, when making the pdf, you
can create bookmarks for swift navigation (that is in Acrobat; some
free converters may not have this option).

--
Henk57