Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
William William is offline

Default FORMAT ISSUE

I have a table that is too large to fit on one page, and so it automatically
splits itself onto the second page. However, when I place the cursor in the
last cell on the right of the bottom row and press tab, I get a row whose
cell margins do not line up with the row above. The number of cells are
correct (5), but they are all shifted to the left about 1/4 inch.

I can neither figure out how to prevent this from happening or conversely,
how to get the new row (shifted left) to line up with the all the previous
rows in the table.

Help!

--
William
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
William William is offline

Here is another clue I just noticed. When I try to add a row to the bottom
of the table using the Draw Table function on the Tables and Borders toolbar,
the row still shifts left a quarter inch, even though I'm carefully trying to
draw the new row precisely down from the lines that form the right and/or
left sides of the table!
--
William

"William" wrote:

I have a table that is too large to fit on one page, and so it automatically
splits itself onto the second page. However, when I place the cursor in the
last cell on the right of the bottom row and press tab, I get a row whose
cell margins do not line up with the row above. The number of cells are
correct (5), but they are all shifted to the left about 1/4 inch.

I can neither figure out how to prevent this from happening or conversely,
how to get the new row (shifted left) to line up with the all the previous
rows in the table.

Help!

--
William

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rune Hagen[_2_] Rune Hagen[_2_] is offline

You will notice that the margin "facing the back of the book" will be
slightly wider (1/4 inch) than the margin facing out of the book.

Basicly the reason is that you are using a two sided template, where the
text is intended to be printed on both sides of the paper.
If my theory is correct you will see this by adding a few more rows to your
table, letting it spill onto the next page. You will see it "jumps back", as
in every other page has this "anomally" that is Word working as intended.

This can be solved by adding a blank blank page (best done as a finishing
job), or using a single sided template.

Hope this helps