Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert Werner Robert Werner is offline

Default Managing Templates between Word 2003 and Word 2007

I have a template developed in Word 2003 which contains across and a toolbar
full of links to styles and macros. Most in-house users have word 2007 and i
myself have also upgraded. The toolbar is now only displayed in the Addins
menu of 2007.

After a long break, I want to further modify and develop the template but
can only modify the toolbar in a 2003 version of Word.

Is there a way to be able to perform all the usual customization tasks on
the toolbar using the 2007 version of Word?

I want to crreate custom buttons, and add styles and macros to the toolbar.

If not, why is it so inconvenient to work this way in 2007? Is there a
better approach using 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There are no toolbars (apart from the QAT) in Word 2007 and no means of
editing old toolbars that appear in add-ins.
Word 2007 is based around the ribbon, which you may now wish to consider
editing to achieve what you want. Fellow MVP Greg Maxey has some pages on
his web site to help you get started - see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm