Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henry Henry is offline

Default Removing leading whitespace at start of line

Hello - I've got some multi-line text where some lines start with a space -
this looks weird on the formatting and I'm trying to find a way to remove
this with "search and replace" in ms word... Any suggestions greatfully
appreciated!

Example:

A B C
AA BB CC
BB AA CC

Rgds,

Henry
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

To be honest with you - I've had to do that mayself and I find it easier and
faster to keep one finger on the delete key and one on the down arrow. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Henry" wrote in message
news
Hello - I've got some multi-line text where some lines start with a
space -
this looks weird on the formatting and I'm trying to find a way to remove
this with "search and replace" in ms word... Any suggestions greatfully
appreciated!

Example:

A B C
AA BB CC
BB AA CC

Rgds,

Henry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the space is uniform, you can use Alt+Drag to select and delete the
column. If the lines are separate paragraphs, you can center them all, then
left-align them again, and that will remove the spaces. If the lines are all
in a single paragraph, make sure it doesn't just have a hanging indent (if
it didn't, there would have to be a line break at the end of every line in
order to have a space at the beginning of the lines).

news