Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tracey Tracey is offline

Default Sorting

How do I sort by last name if my list is first name, first? For example:
John Jones
John Smith
Bobby Apple

I'm dating myself, but in the old days, WordPerfect allowed you to sort by
minus 1...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the list is *not* in a table, click on Options in the Sort dialog and
choose Other for "Separate fields at" and type in a space. Then, if you hold
your breath, and hold your mouth just right, Word will let you select by
"Word 2." Note that if any name has a middle name or initial, you'll need to
join it to the first name with a nonbreaking space (Ctrl+Shift+Spacebar).

sorting Melissa Mailmerge 3 December 1st 06 01:53 PM
sorting Melissa Mailmerge 1 November 30th 06 10:57 AM
sorting gking Microsoft Word Help 2 May 22nd 06 07:22 PM
sorting by last name CMDS Microsoft Word Help 2 December 10th 05 04:39 PM
sorting by last name CMDS Mailmerge 1 December 10th 05 04:25 PM