dmvargas29

Default I need a formula of amount of hours from two times in two cell?

I made a Table in Word 2000 that I use to enter timesheet information for my
work. At what I get in and what time i leave. I want to create a formula so
it calculates the amount of hours between for example Cell E2 (9:00) till
Cell F2 (5:00). It should equal 8 hours, but I don't have the HOUR Formula or
all the Formula from Excel. I need to use Word not Excel. Is it possible to
Create this formula in Word 2000. Thank You.
Jezebel

Word doesn't do much at all with its table formulas. If you can't embed or
link an Excel table, you'll need to write a macro to do it. the DateDiff
function does exactly this sort of calculation.

"dmvargas29" wrote in message
news
I made a Table in Word 2000 that I use to enter timesheet information for

my
work. At what I get in and what time i leave. I want to create a formula

so
it calculates the amount of hours between for example Cell E2 (9:00) till
Cell F2 (5:00). It should equal 8 hours, but I don't have the HOUR Formula

or
all the Formula from Excel. I need to use Word not Excel. Is it possible

Create this formula in Word 2000. Thank You.

macropod

Hi,

For a 'tutorial' with examples of how you can do time-based calculations and
much more than you ever thought you might want to with dates and times, all
using Word fields, download the Word document at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902
(url all one line)

For a more generalised 'tutorial' on Word's formulae, download the Word
document at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442
(again, url all one line)

Cheers

"dmvargas29" wrote in message
news
I made a Table in Word 2000 that I use to enter timesheet information for

my
work. At what I get in and what time i leave. I want to create a formula

so
it calculates the amount of hours between for example Cell E2 (9:00) till
Cell F2 (5:00). It should equal 8 hours, but I don't have the HOUR Formula

or
all the Formula from Excel. I need to use Word not Excel. Is it possible

Create this formula in Word 2000. Thank You.

---