Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Juan Mejia

Default Vertical document split for widescreen displays

With the popularity of LCD Wide screen displays sometimes the wasted space to
the sides is too much, so, it could be convenient to start designing
applications that fix this space, the horizontal split for documents in word
is good, but based on the diplay it is also good to have the posibility to
split the display vertically to see 2 different pages of the document at a
time.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Have you tried using the Compare Side by Side feature in Word 2003? To
"compare" the same document with itself, use Window | New Window to get a
second copy of the same document, then Compare Side by Side (selecting the
first copy), then, on the Compare Side by Side toolbar, disable synchronized
scrolling.

"Juan Mejia" Juan wrote in message
With the popularity of LCD Wide screen displays sometimes the wasted space

the sides is too much, so, it could be convenient to start designing
applications that fix this space, the horizontal split for documents in

word
is good, but based on the diplay it is also good to have the posibility to
split the display vertically to see 2 different pages of the document at a
time.

----------------

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Juan Mejia

I have to admit that this solves my need, but the sensation of having a
duplicated toolbar is not good for me, because on my Widescreen display I
have all the buttons I need in just one row of toolbar, now with this
"compare side by side" there are 2 word windows whith a shorter space for the
toolbar, so the feature still remains to be a thing to implement or
improve....in my opinion.. but thaks I will start using the side by side
comparision.

Juan Mejia
Student

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You can also, of course, use Window | Split (which retains a single
toolbar). To make this effective, however, you'd need to be in Normal view
with "Wrap to window" enabled.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you tried using the Compare Side by Side feature in Word 2003? To
"compare" the same document with itself, use Window | New Window to get

second copy of the same document, then Compare Side by Side (selecting

the
first copy), then, on the Compare Side by Side toolbar, disable

synchronized
scrolling.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Juan Mejia" Juan wrote in message
With the popularity of LCD Wide screen displays sometimes the wasted

space
the sides is too much, so, it could be convenient to start designing
applications that fix this space, the horizontal split for documents

in
word
is good, but based on the diplay it is also good to have the

posibility to
split the display vertically to see 2 different pages of the document

at a
time.

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click

the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,

follow
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and

then