Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tim

Default Two Word behaviors I'd like to change if possible

Although I'm not exactly new to Word, I'm sure my questions would come from
the beginner's box.

I'm running XP Pro with Office 2003.

Question 1:
If I have one or more Word docs open and minimized, and then open yet
another document, the last doc I was working with will be restored before the
one just launched opens. Is there a way to stop this behaviour?

Question 2:
Sometimes, but not always, when I select text with the cursor and then
change the font or bold or change font color for the selected text, Word will
apply those changes to the entire document. I can press Ctrl+Z, and the
document returns to the 'correct' state and I have the results I wanted.
Later, if I make a similar change in the document, Word applies not only the
new change to the entire document, but also the edits I made earlier are
applied.

For example: Say I select a group of text and bold it. The entire document
changes to bold text. Ctrl+Z, and the document goes back to 'normal' and my
selected text is indeed bolded. Then I select more text, and I want to change
font color and font size. I change the color, and the entire document is that
color and bolded. Ctrl+Z again. I then change the font size, and the entire
document changes to the above mentioned color, is bold, and is the font size
I wanted for the selected text.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tim