Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cjern

Default How to remove different (multiple) headers/footers from a doc?

We receive documents that need to be modified and have our own header and
footer typed in. The document that we receive has several pages, that have
apparently has been typed by different people, each of whom have typed in
their own headers and footers (in their own sections). How do we remove each
of the headers and footers so that we can insert our own one header and
footer for the entire multiple page document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Richard O. Neville

If their headers and your headers are formatted as styles (e.g. Header
style), you can use the Replace function to delete one style, with or
without text, and replace it with another, with or without text.
Edit-Replace, or Ctrl+H; click More, and you will find the buttons to add
styles to "Find what" and "Replace with."

"cjern" wrote in message
We receive documents that need to be modified and have our own header and
footer typed in. The document that we receive has several pages, that
have
apparently has been typed by different people, each of whom have typed in
their own headers and footers (in their own sections). How do we remove
each
of the headers and footers so that we can insert our own one header and
footer for the entire multiple page document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Would it help to delete all the section breaks? Or, if you need to preserve
page layout, just link the headers and footers in all the sections and put
your own header/footer in Section 1.