Ed C

Default Printing to pdf formate

Must one have Acrobat installed in order to create pdf files from within
Word? I don't find a 'Print to' option for pdf files. What do I need?

Ed C.

Anne Troy

Yes. Acrobat or some other kind of PDF Writer. There's a bunch of free ones,
but I'd be careful if you don't want to also download spyware.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Ed C" wrote in message
Must one have Acrobat installed in order to create pdf files from within
Word? I don't find a 'Print to' option for pdf files. What do I need?

Ed C.

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

PrimoPDF is a safe one. (I use Acrobat but free is a great price.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ed C" wrote in message
Must one have Acrobat installed in order to create pdf files from within
Word? I don't find a 'Print to' option for pdf files. What do I need?

Ed C.

Ed C

Thanks. Assume that also true for other Office apps; i.e. excel, powerpoint,
etc.
EdC

"Ed C" wrote in message
Must one have Acrobat installed in order to create pdf files from within
Word? I don't find a 'Print to' option for pdf files. What do I need?

Ed C.

Anne Troy

Good to know, Jo.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Ed C" wrote in message
Must one have Acrobat installed in order to create pdf files from

within
Word? I don't find a 'Print to' option for pdf files. What do I need?

Ed C.

Anne Troy

Yup. Acrobat is its own application. It doesn't (nor did it ever) come with
MS Office or any other MS Product unless some PC seller bundled it with it.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Ed C" wrote in message
Must one have Acrobat installed in order to create pdf files from within
Word? I don't find a 'Print to' option for pdf files. What do I need?

Ed C.

Amedee Van Gasse

Ed C shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Must one have Acrobat installed in order to create pdf files from
within Word? I don't find a 'Print to' option for pdf files. What do
I need?

Ed C.

No.
You /can/ use Adobe Acrobat but you can also use other softwa
PrimoPDF, CutePDF, PDF995, OpenOffice[*],...
Google Is Your Friend.

[*] OpenOffice is no PDF converter but a complete office suite à la
Microsoft Office (but free(gratis)/Free(libre)), which has native
support for PDF. So no extra software needed there.

--
Amedee Van Gasse