Default Forms & Tables Help Needed

Hi Margaret,
Good answers.
In making a "form template" I don't want to set the size or
position of the tables. Perhaps I wasn't clear about what I'm hoping
to accomplish.
I want the default for tables to be:

no borders
float
font size and placement
set/lock tables relative to page position

Is it possible to set any of these things into a template?

Thanks!

*(((({

Then every time I bring up that template, I could insert the
watermark and start drawing floating

In the last exciting episode on Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:03:03 +0100,
"Margaret Aldis" wrote:

|Hi Fishy - answers in-line:

|"*((({" wrote in message
.. .
| Thank you, Margaret.
|
| Q1: Do I presume correctly then, that "float" means "text wrap =
| around" ???

|"Float" is Word-ese for what pictures (and by extension, other things) do

http://www.word.mvps.org/faqs/drwgrphcs/DrawLayer.htm

|(Actually I don't really like the term as different automatic typesetting
|systems use it in rather different ways - it always means the figure moves
|independently of the text, but the functionality and rules available can be
|quite different from Word's offerings g.)
|

| Q2: Can I make these options the default and store them in a
| "floating table" template so they activate automatically when I make
| other similar forms?
| If so, how to make them default?
|
|In Word 2002 you can set some Table Properties using Table Styles, but I'm
|pretty sure you can't set positioning in the style. In Word 2000 and for
|general sanity the best idea is probably to save a copy of a basic table
|form as AutoText, then bring it in and edit it where you need it. Or perhaps
|better set yourself up a generic template with a table in place, from which
|you can create new specific forms as you need them?
|
|Another option would be to set up a macro to change the properties and
|position of a selected table - handy if you already have the tables, but
|need to change them all.

*(((({

Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi Fishy

*((({ wrote:
In making a "form template" I don't want to set the size or
position of the tables. Perhaps I wasn't clear about what I'm hoping
to accomplish.
I want the default for tables to be:

no borders
float
font size and placement
set/lock tables relative to page position

Is it possible to set any of these things into a template?

IIRC Margareth gave you the clue already: use an AutoText.

Greetinx
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

Tables and Forms FredEp57 Tables 1 July 7th 05 07:50 PM
Forms and tables FredEp57 Tables 1 June 28th 05 10:30 PM
When joining tables, table sections shift left or right. JEB01 Tables 1 January 17th 05 08:57 PM
Is there a way to "join" tables in Word 2003? Julian Turner Tables 3 October 28th 04 06:51 PM