Default Law & Footnotes

Arrgh !
I've got to prepare a long document of a legal text. The
footnotes run from 1-99, with occasional additional footnotes numbered
45.50, 45.55, etc.
How do I create custom footnote entries for the extra footnotes?
When I'm done with this document, is there a way to convert the
footnotes to plain text? (keep the numbers, special numbers, etc, no
matter what the next user does with the document?)

*(((({