Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ursula A. Ursula A. is offline

Default Why bullet formate changes in same document on 2 PCs

Hi,

I am mystified by the fact that the bullet formate in a document changes
when the same document is edited by my boss.

On my PC I write a document, which may looke like this:

1. ......
2. ......

When my boss edits for example bullet no. 2 in the same document, the
bullet formate is changed and it starts to look like this:

1. .....
2. .........

How can we resolve this loop and ensure that our document formate in word
does not change when another user edits it.

Thanks.

--
Many thanks, and have a good day
Ursula A.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Brian is offline

Are you both using copies of an identical template? In other woirds, are the
settings in your boss' template the same as yours?

Hope this helps,
--
Brian McCaffery

"Ursula A." wrote:

Hi,

I am mystified by the fact that the bullet formate in a document changes
when the same document is edited by my boss.

On my PC I write a document, which may looke like this:

1. ......
2. ......

When my boss edits for example bullet no. 2 in the same document, the
bullet formate is changed and it starts to look like this:

1. .....
2. .........

How can we resolve this loop and ensure that our document formate in word
does not change when another user edits it.

Thanks.

--
Many thanks, and have a good day
Ursula A.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Version of Word? The options referring to WordPerfect (in Tools | Options,
General tab) can cause problems with the hanging indents in numbered lists.
If these options are checked, clear them.

Another thing to check: If you have different versions of the same template,
and you are updating styles from the template, that could cause the problem.
Turn off the "Automatically update document styles" option in the Templates
and Add-Ins dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ursula A." wrote in message
Hi,

I am mystified by the fact that the bullet formate in a document changes
when the same document is edited by my boss.

On my PC I write a document, which may looke like this:

1. ......
2. ......

When my boss edits for example bullet no. 2 in the same document, the
bullet formate is changed and it starts to look like this:

1. .....
2. .........

How can we resolve this loop and ensure that our document formate in word
does not change when another user edits it.

Thanks.

--
Many thanks, and have a good day
Ursula A.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ursula A. Ursula A. is offline

Hi Brian, and thanks for your comment. The document is created by me, then
opened by another person. When you say same "template", do you mean the same
normal.dot?
--

"Ursula A." wrote:

Hi,

I am mystified by the fact that the bullet formate in a document changes
when the same document is edited by my boss.

On my PC I write a document, which may looke like this:

1. ......
2. ......

When my boss edits for example bullet no. 2 in the same document, the
bullet formate is changed and it starts to look like this:

1. .....
2. .........

How can we resolve this loop and ensure that our document formate in word
does not change when another user edits it.

Thanks.

--
Many thanks, and have a good day
Ursula A.

Convert Word 2003 documents to WordPerfect formate Carol Microsoft Word Help 6 March 9th 06 08:11 AM
Bullet problem when trying to indent a bullet Kat Page Layout 1 February 8th 06 04:05 AM
Formate a Word hyperlink to an Excel worksheet LHSallwasser Microsoft Word Help 1 December 23rd 05 09:17 AM
Printing to pdf formate Ed C New Users 6 July 27th 05 08:01 AM
In ms word i want to change a document w/ bullet paragraphs to on. jfw42 Microsoft Word Help 2 January 7th 05 07:36 AM