Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Adil

Default MS Word 2003 Templates

I tried customization of toolbar but when I restart ms word 2003 the
customization is loss. I went to tools ïƒ* templates and add in there I tick
automatically update document style but the setting is not getting saved.
I reinstall the application but the same problem persists.
But when I edit the normal template manually and did the customization of
toolbar and save the template it worked fine.

Please suggest me the solution for automatically updating the template

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
garfield-n-odie

Is Adobe Acrobat 7.0 installed on the computer? If yes, then the
Acrobat 7.0 Create Adobe PDF toolbar add-in for Word prevents
Word from automatically saving changes to the normal.dot template
(which is where toolbar customizations are stored). Customize
the Word toolbar button again, and click "Shift+File | Save All"
to force Word to save the normal.dot template. Alternatively,
you can prevent the Adobe add-in from loading by editing the
Windows registry key
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word \Addins\PDFMaker.OfficeAddin"
and changing the "LoadBehavior" subkey value from 3 to 0, but
you'll lose the PDF toolbar if you do this.