lm2942

Default Autocorrect not working in all Word documents

(Using Microsoft Word 2000)

I have added text to Autocorrect while in a Word document I have created.
When I start a new document, the Autocorrect is not automatically correcting
the text as I have entered it. Thinking I haven't added the correction, I go
to add it to Autocorrect, see it is already there, close Autocorrect and type
the text again, then it corrects.

All checkboxes are checked in the Autocorrect menu, including 'Automatically
use suggestions from the spelling checker.'

Is Word storing my autocorrect entries in two different places - somehow
some entries only apply to the document currently open when the correction
was added, and sometimes storing it globally so the corrections are available
in any Word document?

Daiya Mitchell

AutoCorrect is language-dependent, that might be it.

Go to Tools | Language, and make sure that the language the text is
formatted in matches the language the AutoCorrect was created in.

AutoCorrect (unlike AutoText) is *not* template dependent, but should be
available always. Plain text AutoCorrects are saved in a special file,
formatted AutoCorrects are saved in Normal.dot.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/