Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DianePDavies DianePDavies is offline

Default Outline Numbering - cant select "Previous level number"

In setting of my headings, I cant select the "Previous level number" for my
second-level heading. This mens I get numbers like 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 etc.
eventhough my first-level heading is at "2". I want it to be 2.1, 2.2, 2.3
etc.

How do I fix that...?
--
Diane
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Diane

DianePDavies wrote:
In setting of my headings, I cant select the "Previous level number" for my
second-level heading. This mens I get numbers like 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 etc.
eventhough my first-level heading is at "2". I want it to be 2.1, 2.2, 2.3
etc.

setting up outline numbered headings is one of the trickier parts. See
the following article:

How to control bullets in Microsoft Word (by Shauna Kelly)
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html

How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Microsoft
Word document (by Shauna Kelly)

How to restart style-based numbering (by Margaret Aldis)
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/...artMethods.htm

Word's numbering explained (by John McGhie)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/...gExplained.htm

HTH
Robert
--